***EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR LPN, RN, or MA***
Hawai’i Island HIV/AIDS Foundation is a company on the rise. Every day we combine our passion to serve with our exceptional skillset to reach Hawai’i’s most vulnerable populations. In this difficult work, we inspire one another to be the best possible agents of change for our community. Here, innovation is not about the latest app, but about transforming the ways in which people reach better health outcomes and overall wellness. Join our ‘ohana and embark on an exciting career in a field very few ever get to experience.
In this Nurse Case Manager role, you will be an essential element of an integrated care team that recruits, assesses, and qualifies patients for case management and medical health services at HIHAF. You will work hand-in-hand with the Medical Director of our sexual health clinic and serve as support staff for our medical case management team.
Title: Nurse Case Manager
Location: Hawaii Island HIV/AIDS Foundation (HIHAF), Hilo Office
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Medical Director (primary), Director of Care Services (secondary)
Your primary roles include: carrying out nursing tasks, responsibilities, and orders for the clinic’s provider, qualifying patients for services, conducting a thorough nursing assessment of clinic patients, and following treatment and care planning protocols set forth by the provider. Case management services may entail securing medical transportation to/from appointments, assisting patients towards treatment readiness, facilitating telehealth visits, and other activities that ensure treatment successes.
Education, Experience and Licensure Requirements:
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Valid LPN or RN license, without encumbrance, in the State of Hawaii
- Medical charting experience with high attention to detail
- Must provide services to patients in a manner that is non-judgmental, client-centered and strengths-based
- Must be comfortable with underserved populations, such as sex workers, people without housing, and patients who actively use illegal substances
- Experience working with LGBTQ and/or HIV individuals preferred
- Experience in arranging community resources
- Familiarity with medical insurance in Hawai’i
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of patient confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of our patient base
- Valid Hawai’i Driver’s License and reliable transportation
HIHAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume and cover letter via email or USPS to:
Director of Operations
101 Aupuni Street, PH 1014C
Hilo, HI 96720
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $20 per hour